Desert City Crit Series
The Desert City Crit Series is coming back to Ivins and St. George in 2015. Rapid Cycling Racing is happy to host a USA Cycling sanctioned race, this is a great opportunity to earn points and advance your ranking.
A criterium (crit) is a road bike race held on a short course, usually less than a mile, and run on closed-off city center streets or local roads with less traffic. While race length is determined by number of laps or total time, the average speed and intensity are considerably higher. The winner is the first rider to cross the finish line. Success in road criteriums requires a mix of good technical skills including: the ability to corner smoothly while on the road, riding safely with a large group on a short circuit, exceptional sprint ability with the talent to accelerate hard from corners.
Jan 10, 2015 - Canyon Softball Complex
Jan 24, 2015 - Ivins City Park
Feb 07, 2015 - Old St George Airport
Feb 21, 2015 - Fort Pierce
Mar 06, 2015 - Finals
Mar 07, 2015 - Road Race // Sand Hollow Loop
Mar 07, 2015 - Time Trial
Junior 12-16 Cat 5: 20 min - 12:00 pm
Men’s Cat 5: 35 min - 12:30 pm
Men's Cat 4: 35 min - 1:15 pm
Women’s Cat 4: 30 min - 2:00 pm
Men's Cat 3/4: 45 min - 2:40 pm
Women's Cat Pro 1/2/3: 45 min - 3:35 pm
Men's Cat Pro 1/2/3: 60 min - 4:20 pm
Racers pay for each race separately at $35 per race. Day of registration will also be available for $40 at the event.
- Packet Pick-up will be every Friday before each race. Except if the race is on a Friday it will be Thursday from 4-7 pm and Saturday from 11am - 12:30 pm. NO PACKET PICK-UP AFTER THE RACE HAS STARTED.
- All USA Cycling Road race rules apply.
- Helmets are mandatory when riders are on his/her bicycle. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Wheels In/Wheels Out. Wheels are not supplied by the promoter.
- All Juniors are required to use Junior gears at all times and will be required to perform a roll out for each stage.
- Center Line rule is in effect during the Crit and RR.
- The start time for the Time Trial is 7:30 am for the Junior riders. Riders will start every 30 seconds. Review page 4 of the Rule Book for start order.
- Protests must be registered with the Chief Judge prior to the start of the Race.
- Protests in relation to Final Crit, RR, and TT must be made within 15 minutes protest time; results are final after that time.
- Free Rule lap applies in the Criteriums until the final 8K.
- Feeding is permitted in the Road Race only and only in the designated feed zone.
- The Road Race starts at 8:00 am for the Men’s Pro 1-2-3 and in 5-minute intervals for the remaining categories.
- The promoter reserves the right to combine categories.
- Point allocations: 1st – 30 points, 2nd – 27, 3rd – 24, 4th – 22, 5th – 20, 6th – 18, 7th – 16, 8th – 14, 9th – 12, 10th – 10, 11th – 8, 12th – 6, 13th – 4, 14th – 2, 15th – 1, 15+ – 1
- Park only where indicated.
- Please only use designated toilets to do your business.
- Helmets must be worn and secured at all times while on a bicycle, from check-in until final awards.
Each race will have points primes. Each stage will have prizes according to the level of category you are in. The finale prizes will be listed soon.